Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tricolor Twist Afghan


Here is one of the projects I have begun. I wanted to create an afghan with a more romantic colorway. I really like the pattern I am using, it's called Tri-color square. I found it in 200 Crochet Blocks by Jan Eaton, and is also in Crochet Inspiration by Sasha Kagan . I tweaked the pattern a little and I am using 3 solid colors consisting of shades of purple and pink with a more lustrous multi-colored yarn (Yarn Bee, First Love, Kisses) for the 3rd row for each square, while alternating between the solids. I am really pleased with how it is looking. What do you think? Thanks for looking, everyone!
 Tammy

6 comments:

  1. I love this colorway! I also have that book and love it. I've made several sample blocks from it and I may try to figure out how to put them together for an "improvisational" blanket.

    BTW...I grew up in Bay City (now live in NW PA).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty colorway, although I myself tend to favor jewel tones rather than pastel colorways as a rule (though creative rules were made to be broken!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellen, if you take notice of the second picture you will see it is a combination of both pastels and gem tones.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the compliment! It's a great block to play around with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grannys beautiful!
    I loved your carpets of butterflies, but I do not understand the art.

    Tammy, you must put your blog in your profile!
    Some time ago you became a follower of my blog and I could never find you!
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete